Sunday 20 December 2015

A Christmas Gift!

When I attended the On Stage Local a few weeks ago, I received a lovely swap from Lynette Boehm.
 It was this swap that inspired my little gifts for two of my beautiful friend.

So I started with the nail file holders. I used black cardstock and punched the Scallop Toppers on either end. I then cut a strip of Winter Wonderland Vellum to measure the same length as the front an scalloped the top and stuck it down to the front after I stuck each edge down to make the pouch. Using the stamp from Work of Art I punched in gold (last years gold ink) and punched it with the 2" circle punch. Before I stuck it down on the front I twisted some Gold thread under it, and used the 1/8 gold ribbon at the top. A quick and easy gift for lovey ladies.









I didn't stop there though.......I then used this inspiration to make a second holder, but this time for nail polish. Again using Black cardstock, I punched the scallop topper at either end, but instead of sticking it together I scored 5" at either end leaving a 1 1/2 inch space where I stuck the nail polish on the cardstock. I added some of the winter wonderland DSP to the front, again scallop topper to align it perfectly. Then I tied it together with the gold ribbon. I stamped "Just for You" on Gold foil and punched with the 2 1/2" Circle punch.



















I really wanted to present these together, so I used the Tag A Bag Gift Box, created a belly band with more Winter Wonderland DSP, Watermelon Wonder Lace Trim and half a Gold Metallic Foil Doilie. Stamped the sentiment from Embellished Ornaments in Watermelon Wonder and used the Triple banner punch to finish it off.




The ladies loved the gifts, and now I have these extra ideas to create for next year as well.





Merry Christmas Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment