After flicking through all of my stamps, I then read the Global Design Project #GDP006. This week the challenge is a sketch. A simple but stylish design to use as the inspiration, and then I had it.
The angled design gave me an idea for my much needed fairy card.
So what process did I go through?
- First the stamp set "Secret Garden" just talks to me about fairies, and the stamp has an angled design aswell.
- Next, the heart embellishment in the sketch gave me the idea of thats where a fairy wing could be seen. The "Bold Butterfly Framelits" made the perfect fairy wings, but I just wanted them to look like they were hidden amongst the garden.
- After I stamped the secret garden, I used the blender pens and a variety of subtle colours to whimsically colour in the stamp.
- Then using the new "Fine Tip Glue Pen" I stuck down the edge of the wing, not before using the same glue over the wing and sprinkling on glitter.
- Almost done, I added further glue around the edge of the flowers to follow the angled design again and sprinkled with glitter.
- The last element was to get a sentiment along the angle, The teeny tiny sentiment, just like fairies, added a petite message.
So the fairy garden card now has pretty glitter and is perfect to match the fairy lamp for a little fairies first birthday.