Sunday 29 November 2015

Supporting SANDS

Every year I support a close friend of mine in her SANDS fundraising event. At this event we purchase card and other paper project kits and get creative to raise money for Stillborn and Neonatal Death Support group. We also have an opportunity to win raffles (kindly donated by Stampin' Up!) and generally have a really fun day.

As I attend this event as a participant (rather than the demonstrator) I enjoy learning new projects and designs that I may not have normally attempted, and today was no different.

We started off using the Snow Place stamp set and matching thinlits. A great set that you can really have a little bit of fun with mixing and matching the accessories. I don't yet have this set, so it was great to have a go (and yes it is now on my wish list)


These cute little characters mixed with the Hearth and Home Thinlit and Softly Falling Embossing Folder creates a fun wintery effect.

Using the colours Bermuda Bay and Marina Mist also help create the wintery fun feeling as well.

One of the guests today said she may just add in a sun in the corner with some sand and send it to her friends in the US. Now that is how you could blend Aussie and America Christmas weather.








The next project we focused on was a range of Butterfly creations, using the Watercolour Wings stamp set, Bold Butterfly Thinlits and Butterflies Thinlits. We also had different card folds including two gated cards, a gift card holder and double fold which helped show just what can be done.




The colours are all from the 2015-2016 in colour range....Tip Top Taupe, Watermelon Wonder and Mint Macaron, and look really nice together.

The last project was the hanging star. Cutting 12 stars using the Star Framelits (the second largest size) with the smallest star cut inside. I used Pear Pizazz yardstick as I am going a green theme for Christmas. We connected each one anyplace a little battery operated team light inside it.  This is one project that I wouldn't necessarily have made, but now I know how, is one I will definitely re-create again.
There were also a few other little fun creations that I'm not sharing just yet, as some of you reading this may just receive them as a small Christmas surprise.

If you would like to participate in an event like this, or even hold one yourself, contact me to see how I can help you.


No comments:

Post a Comment